Man this is an active topic since this morning.
I have reread my post and I wish we had spell and grammer check. Anway here goes.

Ok, Shan I did not disagree with you, I was disagreeing with TyW33 and he responded back.
To clarify...fertilizing will help both bluegill and shad. Shan as you know, Shad will benefit more directly since they consume zooplankton, bluegill down the line from aquatic insects that fed on zoos. So as you suggested I say you need to fertilize if stocking shad, but also important for the bluegill. However feeeding is even more important since the Shad will eat a high percentage of zoos thus reducing aquatic insects (the natural food) in the pond.

Ok, on to the next subject. I try to help here and do not put disclaimers on my post about all the problems that can arise. Sorry, if I do that I wil not have time to help out. If I'm not any help to folks let me know and I will not make the effort although I enjoy giving out advice since there is so much bad information out there. YES FEEDING AND FERTILIZING CAN LEAD TO A FISH KILL! I think folks should educate themselves here and do some homework. If the visiblity is less than 18 inches do not fertilize if it gets lower then also stop feeding.

However the topic was if I stock shad will my bluegill popualiton decrease. The most direct way to promote both is fertilzing and feeding.

BTW Shan I too have had the worst year ever getting a good bloom, but at least the rain is letting me catch up on paperwork.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com