Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
Nice progress.

Coming from a guy that does this kinda stuff for a living and would likely already be working on the roof, I think you are being too kind...but thanks. \:\)
 Quote:
Was there going to be something downstairs other then open space for cars and tools? I'm confused from your earlier plans and don't remember if you are going to have bedrooms and a bathroom downstairs or not? If not, will you be freespanning the entire distance witht he second story floor?

Confused from my earlier plans??? How can that be? (tongue firmly implanted in cheek).
The second floor framing will be freespanning. We worked directly with an engineer at Georgia Pacific on the entire design to achieve L/480 min for live and dead load. This will allow anything to happen in the first floor area. For right now and the foreseeable future, 2/3 of the first floor will be a large 2 stall garage and 1/3 will be separated off as a work shop/hobby area. All the living space will go upstairs. This will serve our needs well for the next 10 - 15 years, as planned.