Did you all notice this story? Great stuff!

Originally Posted By: edinbowen
Sunil, I'm a bit of an wandering vagabond and spent a majority of my adult life outside of the US - stationed in Germany, grad school in Scotland, and living in the Middle East since 2002 when I was assigned to Saudi Arabia and Qatar as an army explosive ordnance disposal officer. I worked in about 20 countries from 2002-2004, including Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Djibouti. Got out of the service in 2004, lived in Philly for 9 months, and missed the ME and the opportunities. I moved to Kuwait in 2005 and worked there for 2.5 years. I took a left out of the door one day instead of a right and was hired to run a company in Jordan in 2007. I'm GM of a refined petroleum products import/export company and should be in the ME at least through 2011. I love it over here - Amman is a beautiful city and Jordan has lots to offer. I'm engaged to a wonderful woman who was born in the US but raised in the Arab Gulf and Jordan. We're getting married at the Dead Sea in October and then heading to Mauritius for a couple weeks of honeymooning (hoping to sneak in a couple days of blue marlin fishing!). One thing that working over here has afforded me is the opportunity to travel and fish - I've been to India fishing for mahseer on the Ganges River, Egypt fishing for Nile perch on Lake Nasser, Sri Lanka fishing for barramundi (skunked on that trip but caught some tasty mackerel), Belize for bonefish on the flats, and Brazil for just about everything including 100+lb catfish and 6lb piranha. I've been blessed to have lived a pretty full life - ran with the bulls in Pamplona, jumped out of airplanes in the army, defused live explosives, was interrogated in Bulgaria by some very bored police officers, searched for whiskey on the black market in Sudan (I was thirsty), and some other things best left unwritten though man they were fun, lol. But for me, hooking and fighting a fish are by far the biggest thrill. So I'm just reading and learning from all the smart pondmeisters on this site so hopefully one day I can turn my ponds into some very nice fisheries for friends and family to enjoy.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)