Certainly no expert by any means, but these guys have done a great job trying to educate an hard headed Missouri country boy, and here's what I have personally done with my pond that seems to have worked well.

I stocked with 150 RES in the 1-3" range, 250 BG in the 3-5" range and 10 pounds of FHM last October. Additionally I put in 35-40 mature RES/GB in the 7-10" range to give my new pond a good mix of sizing. Unexpectedly, I got a nice 'late' spawn from some of the adult fish recruited from a larger lake in the area. My FHM spawned at least three times last fall. I think the wooden pallets I put in for this purpose really paid off. This year I put in another 15-25 adult BG from yet another local healthy lake, and in the last 60 days I have begun to put in LMB in the 7-12" range, hoping my forage base would support 25-30 LMB. I temporarily lost my head and put in 5-7 12" crappie - I know, I know, but the devil made me do it.

I preface my remark to you with this info., because if I were in your position with my 3/4 A. pond, and knowing these guys and their advice to me, I think I would "just have to go fishin a lot" to recruit some healthy adult BG to add to your ponds family of fish. Dang it! I hate it when I just 'have ' to go fishin, but sometimes you just gotta take one for the pond.

I'm sure of this: Any FHM you put in right now would be gone in 10 days or sooner, and any BG spawn will be gobbled up by the existing LMB when the fry got big enough to be a tempting meal for the bass. IMO, your best shot at increasing your forage base is putting in many adult BG (7-10")and let them go to town.

(Gosh, I hope I'm right)