Matt's mother posted this today:

"Update: Matthew is on day 2 of recovery. The 1st 48 hours are critical. He is still not awake, but he does respond by blinking his left eye and today has actually opened it more. He can squeeze his right hand when we ask him to. He really responds to Emileigh! He's had several cat scans and chest x-rays. Lots of tubes everywhere. Difficult to see and wish there was something Bob and I can do to take some this away from him. We are continuing to believe that God has a specific plan and we trust HIM with all of our heart and pray 24 hours a day for a miraculous healthy recovery!
Matt hasn't had an MRI yet because he needs to wake up 1st. When he gets that done, we will know how much of the tumor was removed. We do know that he couldn't get some of the tumor that is so attached to the brain stem. Right now Matt is listening to Star Wars Books on CD that the Dinneny's sent him, THANK YOU!!! Everyone - Thank You for all the cards and letters coming from all over! They are so wonderful to get and comforting. We have the one's Matt has gotten so far on the window ledge.

Bob and I are taking turns spending the night with Matt. Arkansas Children's Hospital is a great hospital and so is UAMS. Little Rock is a very friendly place and the people are so polite!

Whatever you believe - whoever is your HIGHER POWER - please keep asking for a miracle for matt! Matt has endured so much for a a teenager.

Also, sorry we haven't called. Please know - we appreciate all of you! I will do my best to update Carringbridge. An idea - might be to send an email or leave a voice message and we will try to respond when we can.

We love you all! - Peace-Light & LOVE!!!

Also, I know Matt would want to know that our friend Karen Camp (Miles for Matt) finished her first triathalon yesterday at Smithville Hospital! WAY TO GO KAREN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."