CJ,

Geese are in the pond every day until hunting season it seems. This bunch consists of 2 family groups and the goslings have full plummgae now. If the past is any prediction of the future they will leave as soon as the season starts.

If we keep full pool in the pond then we can have geese during the season. If it drops 3 feet and is ugly looking then they move on because the banks are steep( I think). In 3 years I have shot 1 goose in 4 hunts. Pitiful.

They do fly all around however and if you want I would be more than happy to let you try. I can't call geese well. Geese and deer are borderline vermin IMHO.

I planted sorghum for dove this year as the deer destroyed the sunflowers the last 2 years. If the sorghum survives the deer and we have doves I would love to have you and your lab join us. WE had incredible dove hunting in '07 I believe bc the deer hadn't figured out that sunflowers are so good.

I just assumed that goose season started the 1st Sat in Sept like doves. If it starts earlier then better. They are messing up the place.

Montani semper liberi

Mountaineers are always free[Linked Image from i369.photobucket.com]