Last night we fished from about 6:45 until almost 9PM. It was great watching the sunset while fishing in our boat - I took some sunset photos that I'll post when we get home. We only caught a few small bass until I made a completely bone-head move. I was casting a black rooster tail toward the weed line and WHAM huge strike. I could tell that is was a decent sized fish because it was pulling drag like crazy. I adjusted the fighting drag on my Shimano and the fight was on. Man my ultra light pole was bending, Ricki was afraid it would break. I get the fish up to the boat and it swam under the boat bending the pole almost in two. I manage to get the fish out from under the boat and along side the boat and it was a really nice sized LMB. It didn't look quite as large as the 4 pounder I caught here last year but it looked pretty good.

So here's the bone head part. For some reason unknown to mankind, I decide to hoist the fish over the side of the boat using just the line and yep you guessed it the line snapped and off the LMB went - lure and all. Dang was I mad for pulling such a stupid stunt. Why I didn't just reach over the side and lip grab the fish I'll never know. Oh well, lesson learned. All future LMB will be lip grabbed.

More weed wacking and weed spraying today. The Polarius battery gave up the ghost so we drove into town to get another one.

100+ weather today. HOT HOT HOT!!!

Swimming in the pond is a great way to relax and cool off.

We're gonna try a dawn patrol fishing session tomorrow - perhaps the fish will be hungry for breakfast.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)