Originally Posted By: Walt Foreman
How did you get them to finally eat the pellet food? Tony Robbins tapes? Talking really nicely to them?

Fish are like kids. When they get hungry enough, they will eat something besides dinosaur chicken nuggets.

Those first two years, BG were low in numbers compared to the GSH which (along with the CC) ate all the feed. Once BG numbers were up after a couple of years' worth of spawning (and, coincidentally, GSH numbers down from bass predation), some fingerling BG were hungry enough to start eating feed. They kept it up as they grew and a whole bunch of other BG joined them.

I switched to feeding at the near side of the pond instead of the far side, mostly for my own convenience, as well. The new location may have been more conducive to BG feeding.

FWIW that idea of adding a few well feed trained BG (whether Dr. Frankenbruce's creations or not) to the pond could help a lot. I have noticed non-pellet eaters picking up pellet eating in 1-2 days from trained BG in a 100 gallon tank.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]