What brand food are you using, Mark? The bluegill should have started eating some by now, though you're right in that I have read it sometimes takes two to three weeks. I wouldn't feed more than once a day until they start eating it; otherwise you're wasting a lot of food, not to mention the food is decomposing in the pond and adding to your waste load. Do you have the feeder positioned in a spot where you've caught/seen bluegill? It's important to put it where they are. What time of day do you have it set for? Early morning around 6:00 or 7:00, or evening around 6:00 or 7:00, would be good times.

If you're starting to get a good plankton bloom, the FA should disappear within a week or so. Initially it may flare up more, but a few days of the good bloom blocking out the sunlight and it will be gone. And pretty soon you should be able to see an explosion of tiny critters in the shallows, everything from crayfish you never may have seen before to water bugs to invertebrate larvae etc.

I think the trotline might work better than the trap for fish that size - doesn't require them to swim through anything, they just have to open their mouths and take the bait. No mercy on bullheads!