originally posted by JHAP: "..............It seems to me that if you are trying to raise "trophy" quality GSF, which IMHO would have to be over 1.5 lbs, ............"

i dunno jeff......i'd like to think we both have trophy fish right now. based on my experiences and what i've seen here at PB, anything over 9-inches and approaching a pound is trophy quality.

IIRC, rmedgar once said "hold on there pilgrims" when jeff was originally vying for largest private pond GSF in north america (per cecil's website).....rmedgar...any pics? no other PMs except maybe bill cody have posted GSF from their ponds.....i'd love to see them as i'm sure DD1, g-dub, and jeff would as well. give it up guys......show off yer GSF! it would be nice to have a thread showing GSF diversity across the country (even if they are only 6 inches long \:D )

jeff, here's one you'll like, on the cross-breeding sub topic here, sunday, lake pardee, drop shot rig, worm chunk, deep weedbed at 35 foot, caught a ~9 to 9.5-inch RES (i think a female \:\) ) who now has a bunch of new friends at my place. she'll add some genetic diversity.

GSF are people too!