I did ask Aquacide Company about a granular herbicide for spot treatment of buttercup (crowfoot). They were kind enough to send the following recommendation. I thought I might post the info here, just in case anyone encounters this plant problem, assuming the moderators think it is acceptable.

WATER BUTTERCUP
(ranunculus)

We recommend the use of WEEDTRINE-D Liquid plus Cide-Kick II Liquid (non-ionic surfactant) or a tank mix of WEEDRINE-D, CUTRINE-PLUS and CIDE-KICK II.

Use 30 oz. of WEEDTRINE-D with 3 oz. CIDE-KICK II or combine 18 oz. WEEDTRINE-D, 4 oz. CUTRINE-PLUS Liquid and 3 oz. CIDE-KICK II. Add enough water to the concentrate to make 1-1/2 gallons of spray solution. 1-1/2 gallons of solution will treat 1,000 sq. ft. (100’ x 10’). It is best to treat before flowering.

When using liquid herbicides, thorough coverage of the foliage is necessary. For foliage beneath the surface, inject under water with a pressure sprayer coming into contact with as much of the weed as possible. Apply on a calm, sunny day and before flowers appear if possible. Repeat treatment may be needed if weeds begin to show signs of recovery or if root system continues to send up new growth.

For further assistance please phone us toll-free at 1-800-328-9350.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.