Hmmmmmmm. Sounding like a crapshoot in getting them to regularly eat pellets if there is a plentiful live food source in the pond.

I have LMB from 19" to fry, I've seen and caught (this year) 4", 8", 12/13", 17" and the 19"er LMB. The biggest BG in the pond are 10"-11" (that I've caught) down to fry of this year, although the 2" - 6" BG aren't that common. I've put FHM and GSH in the pond, along with a total of 100 6"-9" CC over the past 3 years, some of those are now in the high 20" range (28" is the largest caught). I'm trying to get GSH established in the pond as well, I've been able to relocate almost 50 GSH that are between 7" and 9"+, although by the looks of that 19" LMB, some of them became dinner - it was stuffed with something!

In addition to getting the LMB to eat the larger pellets, I'm hoping some of the CC will do so as well, which will allow me to slip them one with a hook attached to it. Those CC are a bear to trick!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).