Hello you guys, new guy here from the Sportsmans Paradise, Louisiana. My wife and I purchased a property 2 years ago, that has 3 ponds on it. Might I say poorly designed at best. Id like to show you what Im dealing with then ask some questions. Hopefully you all can help me.

This is the birds eye view of our property.

Yellow, Blue, and Green = Ponds 1, 2, and 3
Light blue = Flow well water supply 1.5 in PVC
orange = ditch from pond 1 to pond 2
pink = water drainage
white = natural creek
black x = no longer a pond

Now then. The water supply is in pond 1, and is a flow well with a 1.5in PVC outlet flowing directly into pond 1. Pond 1 has a drain(pink) to a natural creek as well as flowing through a ditch 6'x 8'(orange) to pond 2. Pond 1 is completely covered in Lillypads, and is surrounded by reeds. The ditch has a poorly build bridge, and is filled with concrete boulders in an attempt by the PO to quaranteen fish. The water in this pond is crystal clear, almost green. The fish are equally beautiful. LMB, BG, and sunfish

Pond 2 has a healty amount of Lilly pads, and reeds, and drains via a 10 inch pipe into pond 3. The water in pond 2 is dark stained almost black, and the fish are as well, the fish seem happiest in this pond, and readily take floating fish food. LMB, BG, SF, softshell turtles, and streaked head turtles.

Pond 3 has virtually 0 vegitation, because of a grass carp in the 15-20 pound range, that I have only seen twice. The inflow from pond 2, and the drain to the natural ditch are about 10 feet from each other on the same end(pink). The water in this pond is turbid varying from tan to green, with no more than 12inches of visibility at any time. LMB, BG, SF, SST, SHT, channel cats, blue cats, at least one grass carp, and possibly some white perch.

Pic of pond 1

Pic of ditch between pond 1 and pond 2

Pic of pond 2

Pic of drain from pond 2 to pond 3

Pics of pond 3

Pic of drain for pond 3

Livestock pics, and clarity in pond 3

So my problems are too much vegitation in pond 1, perfect pond 2, and no vegitation, turbidity in pond 3. I feel like this is flow related since pond 1 has fresh water, and two drains, pond two has a good intake and output of clean water and the I/O are on opposite ends of the pond, and pond 3 has barely any flow, and a poor water level stability.

I want to saine pond 3 to find out exactly what is in it. Put the grass carp in pond 1. Get the bridge, and concrete out of the ditch between pond 1 and pond 2 to open them into one pond. Close the drain on the North of pond 1 to force all water down through the others. Move the drain for pond 3 to the southern border, as well as build a standpipe for drainage instead of a horizontal pipe in the ground.

What do you think?