Hi All:

Thanks for all of the insight and feedback; I had a previous post to CJBS2003 that did not get posted, my bad.

CJ; The pumpkinseeds around here run on average less than 5" 8" would be very exceptional. Did not know bass and rockbass were not Potomac River natives. There were a very rare few Redbreast "sunfish" around in the 1950s and early 60s when I was fishing the South Branch watershed of the Potomac intensively but in my intensive career around the South Branch I doubt that I caught a total of 10. The majority of the sunfish were Rockbass called gogleyes, the gamefish Small Mouth a few LMB in backwaters and oxbows downstream from Moorefield and stocked trout about 15 miles upstream.

The pond is filling and I will put about a pickup load of used or broken cinderblocks from a wall in the pond bottom for additional structure; presently have about a dozen stumps with rootballs and one complete pinetree about 20 feet. In addition I should be able to get about a pallet full of defective or broken ceramic flue liners and tile culvert from our local tile and block distributor. Too bad I did not have Theo's family example and artistic talent; my structure will not be nearly as artistic as his pond but hopefully will work.