"Koi are just fancy colored carp. Algae is not anything close to being a high percentage of their diet. 50 of them seems like an awful lot for a pond your size. Depending on the size they are when stocked, they will most all survive and 50 carp in your pond will make a mess."

I second that.

For a point of reference, I'm talking about a 365 acre lake here.

Wednesday water visibility was almost 4' (48") I could see a 2" white twister tail jig on the bottom of 4' of water. Thursday the carp (plain colored Koi) started spawning. By Friday visibility was 24" max and deteriorating fast. This morning @ 6:00 a.m. visibility was 18".

Just for that reason, I don't want any in my pond.

Like CJ said, CC is a put-n-take fishery, and when they get larger they get VERY hook shy, and they feed on fish just like a LMB. I just caught one out of my pond earlier this week on a 4"-5" floating Rapala that was 27" and 10.33#. Monday evening the 50 hook trot line is going in and I'll see what bites overnight. 5/0 circle hooks, liver and hot dogs on alternating hooks for bait.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).