panhandleguy,

Good to have you aboard! You are not far from me as I am in northern VA. Another poster on here, catmandoo is a hop, skip and a jump away from you in Hampshire Co, WV. My family owns hunting land and a trout stream in Bedford Co, PA just north of Berkley Springs. Check out the Pond Boss Forum Map and add yourself. Plus you can see where many others on here are that post...

Catmandoo has had good luck with Zetts but you have to know what you want and tell them that. Or they will sell you everything and the kitchen sink! Although you may save some money doing their package thing, as others have said you're getting stuff you don't need.

Redgills maybe redear sunfish(RES) or they maybe pumpkinseed sunfish(PS). Make sure your clarify... RES are very desirable, PS are not so much. So I would make sure they are RES. Also, when they mix bluegill(BG) and "redgill" together, clarify want the percentage of each species will be. You want about a 7 to 3 ratio of BG to RES.

The removal of the black grappie(BCP), white crappie(WCP) and yellow perch(YP) was a good move. Managing crappies in a pond your size can be very difficult. YP are not necessarily a bad thing for ponds but require special management practices. If you are interested, many on here have experience with them with Bill Cody knowing the most.

Koi are just fancy colored carp. Algae is not anything close to being a high percentage of their diet. 50 of them seems like an awful lot for a pond your size. Depending on the size they are when stocked, they will most all survive and 50 carp in your pond will make a mess. 5 koi in your pond, maybe if you want to see some colorful fish for entertainment purposes, but that is all they will be.

Daphnia are zooplankton, adding them probably is not necessary but can't hurt. Some snail species are not particularly wanted in a pond. So be shy about adding them. Crayfish of certain species can be good, but be careful which species, ones like the rusty crayfish can be detrimental to a pond and are illegal to stock in many areas.

Last but not least, throwing everything into the pond at the same time is not the best way to start a new pond... My recommendation is that you stock your forage fish first and give them the rest of the spring and all summer to spawn their brains out and make lots of babies. Then add the game fish after...

I have not had issues with golden shiners(GSH) taking over small ponds with larger bass present in them. If anything, but bass tend to wipe the shiners out in just a few years. I think Theo has documented this on the forum before. If you are shiner shy, then skip them, but realize, getting them introduced after the bass get a foothold will be quite the challenge, many of the forum members can attest to this. Personally, I would stock small GSH, so they don't get too big too fast but are present before the bass are. Zetts also sells a species they call "bull minnows" which are also known as banded killifish. I have had a lot of experience with them and think they make a great addition to ponds for use as a forage fish. They unlike GSH don't grow to large sizes so their is no risk of them "taking over" plus they seem to handle predation better than FHM and will not disappear after a couple years of the bass being present.

So here's my stocking recommendation for you...

This spring:
1,000 fathead minnows(FHM) at $85.00
Skip the rosey reds, they are just a color morph of the FHM and do nothing special other than get eaten quicker...
500 banded killifish(bull minnows) at $85.00
100 GSH at $65.00

This fall:
450 1"-2" BG at $0.55 each ($247.50)
200 1"-2" RES at $0.55 each ($110.00)
(Zetts may mix them, so getting the percentage you want will require you speaking with them)

Next spring:
130 2"-3" largemouth bass(LMB) at approximately $117.00

For a grand total of $709.50

You can add as many channel catfish(CC) as you are planning on harvesting. Remember though, if you don't plan to harvest many don't put many in. CC take up a lot of biomass and will be feed hogs if you plan on feeding your fish. Theo has put some great info on the forum about this and the hook shyness large ones get later down the road. So keep this in mind.

YP can always be added down the road when and if you decide you want some...

With my recommendation I feel you'll get a good balance going for a more northern pond. It may be tough to wait a full year more to get bass in the pond, but that wait will be well worth the return in the long run.