Hi all. New poster, found this site on the internet a few days ago while doing research. Very impressed with the knowledge and willingness to share here. I just subscribed to the Pond Boss magazine and think I will enjoy it.

I am getting ready to stock a newly constructed pond; 1.3 acres,max depth around 12'in the eastern panhandle of WV quite a few stumps etc scattered around the bottom for structure and cover. At this point I plan on using a total package from Zetts Fish Hatchery in Innwood WV. Containing Large Mouth bass, Blue gills, Red Gills(?not sure what they are anybody know)Channel catfish and koi along with various forage items and fathead minnows.

Objective is a balanced pond with decent sized bass and pan fish. Because of the balance issue I deleted yellow perch and crappies from the package as both of them seem to have a tendency to over populate and stunt in smaller ponds even though Zetts wanted to sell them. The shiners which Zetts also recommended have really taken over a 20 + acre pond I am familiar with in the area (growing up to 10 or 12 inches)that pond already had large bass when they were introduced so I will do without shiners for now and if my bass need more forage later I will introduce them later