TJ's recent post:

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I am really interested in everyone's little slices of heaven, to learn the impetus for their projects, their origins, the decisions they had to make when a fork came, which way they went, why, was it wise....

I think a pond survey would be really cool - posing certain questions to learn all we can of each other's watersheds - their unique qualities, challenges, etc. - then map them out.

Got me thinking a survey would be pretty cool. The Pond Boss Forum Map was very interesting. With 140 people putting their locations on the map, it really gives you a good idea where we all are...

Perhaps a survey like this has been done before, but maybe an update is due. After all, new people join the forum every day! So, tell us about your pond(s)...

PHOTOS, WE ALL LOVE PHOTOS!
(Just cut and paste the below questions and place in your post, then you can answer in the spaces between them)

What region of the country is it located?

How old is it?

How much did the project cost? Or did you buy the pond with the property?

How many acres is it?(what led to it being this size)

What's the maximum and average depth?(why these depths)

Is it near your house or is it a weekend get away?

Do you have a dock, boat ramp, any other features?

Aeration, if so what system?

Do you feed, if so what brand food, how much and how?

Aquatic vegetation, species present, % of your pond covered, submergent/emergent/trees?

What game fish species are present? Biggest of each caught, average size of each species?

Do you have any forage fish species in your pond, if so are they naturally reproducing or do you stock them annually?

How many hours a week on average do you spend fishing/relaxing at/maintaining your pond?

Anything you wish you did different?

Anything else you'd like to add about your pond(s)?

Obviously, if you don't want to answer a certain question for whatever reason, don't... This is meant to be entertaining and a learning experience for us all. I think it would be particularly invaluable for those of us who are still in the planning stages...