I finally got them started. I'm using a molasses cattle feed tub that I cut some drain holes out of the bottom. I tossed in some soil, about 3 or 4 pounds of peat moss to hold moisture and then some more soil. Then I added some dead wet leaves and more dirt. I covered it with more wet dead leaves and started hunting earthworms. I found a bunch of what I call jumping worms. When you uncover them, they jump and twist like crazy. Some are small but a bunch are 6 to 7 inches long. I found about 25 and put in some corn meal and oatmeal. Single sheets of newspaper will come in a couple of days.

My 10 year old Pardner/Grandson is pretty excited. My Wife just rolled her eyes.

I did this once about 25 years ago and had more worms than you can believe. Now, I just have to hope that the ants don't get in there to nest.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP