Well, I did not think the pond could come up any higher, but it can. It explains why I have a lot of dead oaks since it goes back into the forest. When I bought the property last year it was at this level and stayed there until the middle of summer. One problem is most of my saplings I planted may not make it with the water this high. The new, greatly expanded fish nursery covers about 2 acres of less than 2' water and was full of little guys everywhere and I was sight casting to LMB hunting with a weedless deer hair popper with my fly rod . You can also see the dead oaks in the background:

The pond floods almost all of the way to the trees in the background. 3 acres in the fall and 5 in the spring/early summer according to planimeter measurements:

It will be interesting to see how my fishery evolves with this pond fluctuation. I don't feed and the pond was understocked with forage in the beginning by the PO. Millions of Gams are zooming around in those shallows now, though. Also, found out I still have a nutria around, chewed ash:

Chewed eastern redcedar, mmm cedary fresh breath: