Just to add to Eric's already good post and the good thread. \:\)

If you're in the right climate, Orange Spotted Sunfish and Pumkinseeds have been recommend - haven't tried, but would in a heartbeat.

If you're in a warmer climate, I'd also stock TShad in a moment. Adult SMB love them.

Since you've already got BG in the pond, if they're not you're target species - IMO take out anything bigger than 4-5" when you catch them. You said expect moderate to heavy pressure on them - you can't possibly do enough. You're goal would be almost to have a stunted BG population. Lots of little 1-3" BG is great for a 2+lb SMB. Let them go wild- but keep them small. I've watched my SMB eat BG, they do it, but they go after really small fish.

Oddly, I'd suggest not trapping small BG. I'd want a ton of them to compete with each other for the forage. I want the big BG gone, small ones to be eaten. Again, do things backwards to get a stunted high-density small BG population. Normally I suggest feeding BG, because it's a great way to grow them. In a SMB target situation I wouldn't feed the BG.

Another suggestion, since you're getting the shiner fry from Anderson - I'd do a box or two of broaders too. They'll put pressure on the BG fry, and would be nice to get some bigger shiners established to keep as long-term forage for the SMB.

One other bit of backwards advice, that is at best experimental (so caution), and I've not heard suggested, but I'd do in a heartbeat in a souther SMB pond. Ready for this? I'd stock green sunfish. Why? More fusiform will be good for the SMB. If not fed, won't get too big. If big, would be fun to catch. Spawns less frequently than BG. I wouldn't necessarily do if I had tons of FH as they'd just grow too big, but after the FH are gone it might be interesting. They might have an impact on SMB recruitment too, but would be interesting to see. Again, this is a bit out there. The other ideas aren't. \:\)