Hey Verdehoy - Welcome aboard!

Many experts here - but I thought I'd take a shot at this because I recently posed all these questions on the forum as our projects sound pretty similar. With that in mind I'll offer what I've been taught by the experts on the forum and relate it here.

SMB will prey on the FM and GSH primarily for forage - because they are soft rayed and easy to swallow [there's a biological term for this type of fish I don't know], and alone probably aren't enough to keep your BG populations in check. Harvest will be important which sounds like you're willing to do.

What I am doing to help limit the BG population is introducing FEMALE LMB only to prevent reproduction which would impact my SMB project negatively.

Bottom line is I think your project sounds great and you are well on your way. I wouldn't abandon your SMB plans...once you introduce M/F LMB they are permanent. Maybe try your plans for a few years without any LMB presence and see if your angling and the SMB can keep up with the BG. Another apex predator that might provide limited assistance is the Hybrid Striped Bass [Wiper]. You can always ADD LMB [I'd suggest going female only] later, but can't undo fish stockings nearly as easily.

We would love to see some pics of your pond!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]