Okay, Pond Boss faithful. Your fearless leader has let himself become morbidly obese over the last few years. I admit it. I am fat.
And, I'm sick of it. Time for all that butter to go away. Here's the deal. You get to play.
I spoke with Eric West and Dr. Dave Willis, the caretakers of the Jesse West Foundation for scholarships for fisheries students at South Dakota State University. They're in for this game.
Here's how you get to play.
We are taking pledges for every pound I lose between now and July 15. You can pledge as little as $1 per pound and as much as you dare to pledge. My goal is to lose 50 pounds between now and then.
Pledge here...on the website. Let the world know you are willing to donate those dollars...all of them, to the Jesse West Foundation. Plus, you get to hold me accountable, too. Rib me, encourage me, chastise me...I am at your will, your proverbial poundage beck and call.
C'mon, play with us...and let's make SDSU's Fisheries Program continue to grow as I shrink.
Okay, who's in? What's your pledge?

By the way, I went to a nearby Medifast Center and started that program April 1. I weighed in at a much-more-than-fighting weight of 316 pounds. That's right... THREE HUNDRED SIXTEEN pounds.

I'll be the first one...I'll pledge $1 per pound for every pound I lose by July 15.

316 pounds....it's true. That's son-in-law Dennis Backschies on the left. Grandsons Ethan and Nolan Backschies, their dad and I built a worm farm about three weeks ago. That's me and my gut hanging out on the swing.

Thank goodness those giant bass cover up my fat belly. Help me lose weight and build the coffers at SDSU.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...