Just wanted to give an update and thought i'd bring up this post instead of posting a new one.

As of today the total harvest from my 4 acre pond is...

226 bass = 48 lbs per acre!!!
20 crappie

Also i have decided and been advised etc, to not fertilize do to the present coontail/pondweed which is maybe just a little to much to take the risk. thats a downer... However, I put in 14 carp early this spring and decided that instead of spraying I should probably see what the carp can do so I'll have a better understanding on preparing the lake for fertilizing next year.

Anyways, the weather has been crazy for the past few weeks, 40 one night then 80 the next day, not to mention very windy. So I can't really catch a perfect day to fish and see if my harvest so far is making any dent on the population. However I am not going to stop taking out fish by all means!

One thing im pretty nervous about though is the CRAPPIE. I don't know what to think really. I caught five today on a beetle-spin. They are definitly present and I don't have any idea what to expect next year now that I've taken all these bass out. I haven't really just set out fishing for them only. They seem to like that beetle-spin though.

What do you guys think?

I don't know what most people see as far as harvest rates and lbs per acre. I'm pretty confident I can hit 300 bass fish bringing me up to 65 lbs per acre on average. Anyone ever seen numbers like this when trying to correct a pond? This might be just another pond for pond managers but it seems like a big number to me.

I SUBSCRIBE!!!!