Yea Brettski, it took alot of knotty pine, but thats the look I wanted ( I Hate sheetrock ).
My good friend & I built it, he's semi-retired and has built about 25 houses. I told him what I wanted and he designed it.
It sets on 12 cement footings, we used the cardboard tubes with the large plastic feet that also fill with cement.
The gable does widen as it reaches the peak, Bob did all the fancy work and I did what ever he told me to do. After building the floor we built the 2 ends on the floor and hoisted them into place, then the 2 lower side walls.
Bob did the work fitting the gable roofing together, he thought it would look better if the gables had a gambrel design instead of a flat roof, I agreed, but it was alot of work piecing it together. Where the gable roof intersects the main roof we fitted roofing cap sheets under the intersection,sort of like gutters, and used lots of foam. It's been more than 5 years and no leaks.
Bob and I built it alone, except my son helping for 3 weeks, it took less than 5 months. I enjoyed building it, but I was glad when it was done. Hopefully will move there in 5 years, but I'm gonna need to put an addition on, and build a garage.
When do you hope to start building?

PS I love your garage.

Last edited by adirondack pond; 02/25/09 10:32 PM.