If I could get 80 to 120 gpm I would do it in a heartbeat! Our well contractors here say we are more likely to get 10-20gpm. I'm not sure with the size pond I have and quite a seepage problem still that I could do much good with that kind of flow. How deep is your well? I haven't seen a pump that will even flow that high at the depths i'm looking at. What kind of pump are you using? We usually hit a nice water supply here at around 100-150 feet. If my math is correct at 20gpm it would take 2 months of 24/7 continuous pumping to fill my pond. That's granted it wouldn't be seeping out as fast as it was going in nor taking evaporation in consideration during the hot months.

I have just about ruled out a polyethylene liner mainly because of the cost and we have alot of deer in the area which i'm afraid would make a mess of it! So i've been looking at bentonite route but the thing is it seems my leak must be somewhere on the banks. The pond will leak down to a certain point (around 3 feet deep) and then stop drastically. It appears all the water is pushing out through the banks at a rapid rate. Which is weird because I always have heard once you got the bottom sealed off you pretty much had a pond. Due to the steep incline of the banks it would be really hard to get a piece of equipment in there and till the soil, spread the bentonite and compact it so I'm not sure how to approach it. I guess i'm trying to have faith in the old "time driven sealing" but after a year of waiting i'm growing impatient and tired of looking at a big hole in front of my house! It's good to hear from people who have had some of the same problems and get some ideas how to go about it. Send me that spread sheet i'd definately like to see it! send to belkins456@yahoo.com

Thanks.