Hey Weissguy,
Ya know, that's kinda funny cuz I was thinkin' that it was time for me to bump thru the on-line plans again and look for some more ideas. I like your thinking and the plan, but it's just a bit much for my goal. I don't want to shut down the idea factory, so stay with me here.
When I started this, I really thought we would move toward something very similar to this layout. . Then reality caught up with me and I realized that it was way OTT for what we wanted to do on this first structure. I quickly wrote off the 2nd story idea and backed it all the way down to a 1.5 story 12/12 gable. Then that morph'd back up to a 2 story, but in the monitor roof style to try to keep it smaller. About this time, the runaway train was well underway and the thing started growing again. I'm having fun, so the runaway train is harmless, but it gets me nowhere in application.
I have to bring it back down to earth; a simple, basic garage or barn-like structure that will have a complimentary look setting with a nice custom home. Not too fancy, but simple and classic utility structure lines.
-
Thanks again for joining in. Keep 'em comin'.