Welcome. I've done a fair amount of skiing in the past, and have even taken lessons at a Fl. Ski School for a week to tune up my skills. I think the type of skiing that you plan on doing will dictate the type of pond that you desire. The ponds that I've been on were long and narrow, with an island on each end to keep the boat's wake from going back up the pond's length after the boat has turned around. To give you some idea on how narrow that turn-around is, I was told "not to be outside of the boat's wake when going around the island." The first time, I was, but just right outside of the wake and the ski ran aground!

There was one pond for a slalom course, another for trick skiing, and another for jumping.

Just a thought: What about doing a search for some of the ski schools in Fl., then take that info and look on Google Earth or another program like that. That should give you an idea of what they are using for waterskiing ponds.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).