Not too long after I bought this place I saw that I REALLY needed a chainsaw. The local Stihl/echo dealer said that the QC of Stihl has gone downhill so he recommended the Echo. I believe the saw that I got is the arborists saw, 12", 14" and 16" bar capabilities. I'm using a Stihl bar, and an Oregon chain that they make for cutting in nasty places. It's supposed to be treated somehow to resist dulling like a normal chain. The local Amish sharpener said that after he started selling them, the regular chains didn't move, so now that's all that he sells.
Dad has a Stihl the same size, and this Echo cuts quicker - faster chain speed I believe. In the 6 years that I've had it I have gone thru 3 bars and I don't know how many chains and gallons of gas. It's cleared roughly an acre of trees, and a lane that is 300 Yds long and 20' wide. It has taken some abuse as well, some of the trees were 30" thick......... Sugar Maple, Pin Oak, Hickory (that was the worst).

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).