Not a lot to report here, but I was able to go home for the holidays and do some work on our place. There wasn't much to do with the pond. I got busy planting trees so I didn't get an opportunity to build an island. We commenced an aggresive tree planting program in November and we followed it up with more trees while I was home this time.

This is one of the two cypress tree I planted at the water's edge.

We planted some live oak trees around the pond. The natural tree line is to the south and west of the pond. I planted these on the east side and left them pretty wide so it will still feel open.

Another duck picture. In the background is my fish feeder and my ATTEMPT to sink a log. When I filled the pond, it was the only one to float up. I have is suspended in the middle where I want it to sink. It is held there by fishing line. I thought that over time it would become saturated with water and sink but it hasn't happened yet. The water was too cold to get into it and tie something to it but I guess that is the next approach

We planted trees along both sides of the road going to the home site and pond. At the road entrance we planted 2 magnolia trees on either side of the front gate. Here is a pic taken from the county road. The pond is just beyond the view of the picture back to the left back behind that pick-up