Originally Posted By: Rainman
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Tom, I assume that SEAFOAM is a fuel improver. Right?

SEAFOAM--- AKA "Mechanic in a can" or "Cough Syrup for Cars"!

As a 25 + years, commercial Auto parts salesman and Seafoam user, trust me when I say, Seafoam is without a competitor as a fuel additive. I will say though for small engines, it is TOO good! If using it AS A STABILIZER in a small engine use NO MORE THAN ONE HALF what is reccommended! Shelf life of seafoam treated fuel is 3 years--Stabil ADDS varnish after sitting 2-3 months. If using it to CLEAN a fuel system, DOUBLE the dose and run it dry.

Burn off a cap-full of stabil on a mirror and you wind up with black sludge as a residue---Burn the Seafoam and you'll have a crystal clear, Jeweler grade oil. Same thind happens in an engine and when fuel evaporates from a carb.

Like the owner/user of Norelco, I would buy the company if I could!

It is also great as a gun cleaner/protectant.

The two best things you can do to improve your fuel economy and increse the life of ANY engine is to ALWAYS use premium WIX filters (on average filter twice as much, twice as small, and have the least restriction) and put in 16 oz of seafoam per 10 gallons every 4 months!

Have some fun with people while repelling bugs, and do the "Induction Cleaning" listed on the Seafoam can!

Edit: Seafoam in left in a system in over-concentrated mixes WILL swell rubber and harden silicone/Tygon.

Rainman, I picked up some seafoam today, I was surprised they had it in the local hardware store.
How much do you recommend per gallon as a fuel stabilizer for chain saws and snowmobiles?