Blaine, my last electric bill was from 11/20/08-12/30/08; 40 days; and 1,450 kw. We are heating 2500 sf living area, (cathedral ceiling in two rooms) and we have the temperature set at 72 degrees. Our kw avg usage is up 38% roughly so I'm going to say geo cost us an addl $40-$50 a month to run vs what our electric bill used to be.

Our thermostat is a ClimateMaster brand; Mark is more familiar with it than me (I won't touch it \:\) ). It would be nice to be able to tell from the thermosat when Aux Heaters kick in and not have to go down to the basement. We just want to make sure the Aux Heaters aren't causing the dimming problem...not to mention, I had concerns about the electric bill until I got the recent one...will be interesting to see the next one is though as we have had minus 18 and single digits a lot the last couple of weeks here. The geo people are coming out on the 27th and want to check their settings etc before sending out the electrician.

Other than that, we do like what we are experiencing with the geo overall...the house is a lot more comfortable, we keep the termpature higher than we did with LP (68 degrees); definite $$$s savings and it will pay for itself in 5 years. We thought maybe I would find it uncomfortable with the fan running constant with air flow, but honestly, it's not noticeable and I must say, my sinuses seem to like it. I'd recommend geo.