Jeff, thanks for the intro a couple of days ago. Sorry, just got around to checking this out. I do have a split zone Waterfurnace system. If I remember correctly, one unit is four ton and the other is two. I decided to go with the open loop system because I was fearful of my fishies getting a little too chilly in the winter and was supposed to be more efficient than closed.

$97 electric bill sounds pretty good though, mine was $200 last month for about 4000 sq. ft. I haven't noticed prolonged light dimming and have not seen the heat strip indicator light on over the past 10 days. I have been paying attention.

One thing that I can tell any of you that suspect emergency heat strip activation... You will definitely know it when the bill comes! Mine was installed just before last winter. Unfortunately, they installed the dump pipes below the surface of the pond. Pond froze, then shut down water circulation. System ran all winter on emergency heaters. Bill averaged $800 to $1100 every month! Yes I ended up getting reimbursed every dime.

How else can I help?

2008, 2011 & 2012 conference attendee.
Striving to be the person that my dog already thinks I am.