Originally Posted By: rockytopper
I was going to install a built 455 but after figuring out a budget for the power plant I went with the fuel injected lS1. After doing it and realizing how easy it is to make these modern power plants run in an 0lder muscle car I'll never go old school again under the hood.

I'm with ya there Rocky. In addition to the cars above I had a 2004 SVT Terminator Cobra. It was one of those factory supercharged Cobras. The powerplant was a 4.6 litre, double overhead cam motor with an Eaton supercharger and an intercooler. I got 26 MPG on the highway in a car that I had dyno'd at over 400 HP at the rear wheels. This was the fastest car I have ever owned. Bone stock they ran high 11s in the quarter mile, 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. A modern fuel injected motor is SO much easier to work with once you get used to tuning with a lap top computer rather that a timing light and a dwell meter.

Originally Posted By: rockytopper
JHAP If I ever finsih it I would like to do the power tour some day it sounds like a blast. If not that Hot August nights in Reno also sounds like a nice Vacation.

The Hot Rod Power Tour was a lot of fun, we met some great folks, saw a lot of interesting places. Hot August Nights in Reno is supposed to be a lot of fun. I haven't been there as of yet.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)