I have a 25 year old Stihl. It is a big heavy duty saw and can only be used as a ground saw. In other words, no trimming of overhead branches. I put a new coil in it about 10 years ago and it still fires up by the third pull.

I have a 4 year old Echo that is a pretty good cutter. Now that Tom G told me how to clear the oil line, it cuts beautifully. Or almost; I have had trouble getting quality chains. I've been buying some from the feed store that they make up off of a bulk roll. They get slung off the bar and have almost got me a couple of times. The Echo starts and runs right. Tom is going to send me a couple of good chains to try.

I have found that fresh gas is a huge consideration.

I have worn out and tossed several McCulloughs, Poulons, and a Craftsman.

Cheap saws just aren't worth it. I need something to work with; not on. Nothing upsets me more than pulling on a rope.

Thanks for the advice Tom. I'm going to print it out.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP