O K,lots of good info here.Lets look at a couple of things happening in outdoor power.Stil does not,IMHO, build the quality unit they used to,most 2 cycle companies dont.Husky sold out to Poulan,and they sold to Fridgidare.Homelite was bought out after backruptsy by Ryobi,after they failed and was bought by MTD.Most of the cheap 2 cycle stuff will be gone in a few more years because of emmission control laws coming into effect.Buyer beware.
I would buy from a local dealer you trust.Spend a little more now and save a buch of money and frustration later.
I run an outdoor power dealership and have my choise of everything outthere.Guess whats in my garage?

Echo CS-300 chainsaw with 12"bar
Echo CS-510 chainsaw with 16"bar
Echo PAS 260 weedeater with ALL attachments
Echo PB 200 blower with gutter kit.
Ive tried them all,and in my opinion,you just cant beat echo.
Fuel,Echo puts fuel stabilizer in their mix oil,and some else already commented their oil is better than Stils.Enough said.
I also add SEAFOAM to my gas to take care of ethonol issures.It really does make a differance.
Check out Echo service,they have factory backup second to NONE.
One of my distributers did a survey on sales and service from all their dealers and EVERY Echo dealer asked rated them #1
So if you whant a name,buy it,if you whant to work,buy Echo.
O K,Im off the soapbox now,Ya'll tell me how wrong I am.

P.S. Soeone mentioned fuel lines,do you know Echo is the easist 2 cycle on the market to change?And everyone has had the same problems because of fuel,but thats another story for another time

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!