Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
Great input. I really appreciate it. I am going to the store to handle a few and see how they balance, and get a better feel for them. .........

This is the essence of why i recommend the smaller echos for small tree and brush work. after going through the gauntlet of brands, my brother and his crews preferred the echos when climbing and limbing/pruning or working around large brush piles. if you do alot of tree work, i'm sure you have experienced those times when you need to operate the saw w/ one hand. the small echos are excellent for that. (.....chainsaw rookies please dont try this at home....) according to my brother, the echos lasted longer than any other brands despite heavy daily abuse.

the advise about current gasoline destroying plastic and rubber internal components is right on the money. however, i have always stabilized my stored fuel immediately after purchase, and use only stabilized fuel in the gas oil mixture for the saw. i use my saw enough that i dont need to drain it for storage, and i have not had a problem in 10 yrs.

GSF are people too!