Great ideas, everyone. Toss them out now, because I'll start working on the program tomorrow, here at Big Cedar Lodge! Yes, that's right...Debbie and I are in Missouri, in Cabin 565, overlooking Table Rock Lake. We were invited yesterday, dropped what we were doing and headed to the Ozarks. The staff here is having and introductory event for potential conferences to tour the brand new convention facility. We're invited to a reception a 6 and dinner at 7:00 Will report back to you what we can do here.
Let me start with this...we won't need to leave this facility. While it is sprawling, it has too much stuff to do in two days, much less attend a conference.
Tomorrow, Debbie and I meet with Carla Springer and begin to flesh out a prospective schedule and a menu of events which can be done. I would strongly encourage each of you to budget a couple of days before the conference and a day or two afterward to take it all in.
Tomorrow, we will also be assigned an event coordinator who will work with Pond Boss staff and nail this thing down.
This will, no doubt, be an event of epic proportions (by Pond Boss standards).
I hope to be well into the program by the end of the week next week, so throw out all those suggestions. Moderators and other key Pond Boss players, I would like to begin some dialogue about "how" to put together the program. I plan to have good photos of the convention space tomorrow. And, just a stone's throw away is a nice pond where we can do some "hands-on" stuff, electrofishing, seining, water quality, aeration demonstrations, etc.
In the meantime, here's a few photos I just shot of our cabin. Enjoy.

The view off our cabin balcony...to the right, just out of sight, are the main lodges of Big Cedar.

I love to cook...great grill on the balcony. Guys like this kind of stuff, don't we?

This cabin is pretty large, nice, queen-size bed, rustic, yet First Class. Everyone would love a cabin like this, believe me. I've been lots of places and stayed in lots of different kinds of cabins. None any classier than this.

View from the bed, across the living room and kitchen.

Debbie's ready for a fire later tonight. Should be in the teens here tonight, maybe single digits.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...