catmandoo,

I feel your pain, I really do. Knowing what I know about Tilapia, I think I would do whatever it took to get them in my ponds. One problem you may be experiencing is the restriction on aquarium stores (at least in Texas) from selling food fish which Tilapia are considered to be.

Last winter, in an effort to find some Tilapia for a grow-out tank, I searched every internet site I could find and could not find a single one that would ship Tilapia...take that back there was one in Israel that would ship but only in thousands of fish. Finally, I found a great Texas dealer who had a set-up that allowed him to provide me a few fish without a lot of trouble. I drove a couple hundred miles each way to get them, but would do it again in a heartbeat.

Persistence will eventually pay off. You just need a few fish to get started. They will take care of the rest. If you comletely exhaust every possibility, I'll offer to give you some for free....but have no idea on how to ship them. You might try calling Ken Hale here in Texas @ 1-800-333-9154. He doesn't ship fish that I know of buy he has lots of them, is a businessman, and a good guy to boot. Tell him Meadowlark sent you....but also have your check book out because I'm sure it will be expensive for him to make a special order like that, if he even can do it. Good luck and don't give up!