Originally Posted By: Brettski
The silver lining is that both Dski and I needed to have this happen to bolster the deliniation between sport/food and pets. I think I felt worse knowing what I put into getting it to that point, as opposed to killing a pet. We're good with it, particularly knowing it will provide another link in the food cycle. Yeah, I know...kinda dopey, but it's just the way it is.

I think more people feel this way than will admit to it Brettski. I know JWHAP and I sure do. (pssst don't tell anyone but so does DIED). To this day everything that I have caught on my pond I have released. Next year we will begin culling fish and part of me does not look forward to it. We found a large bullhead floating in our pond this past year and were kinda bummed. It's all part of the cycle of owning a pond. JWHAP was fairly opposed to culling fish until we went to the Pond Boss Conference and she learned the benefit and necessity of fish culling. She freely admits that this was a huge benefit of attending the conference.

Congratulations on the experience. It sounds like you had a great day on your property.

Last edited by jeffhasapond; 10/06/08 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelled JWHAP wrong twice in the same paragraph, sheesh.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)