Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Bski! Who's who?

I wanted to give it a day to simmer...and....how could we possibly grade a quiz on the PB curve without Theo's test results?
-
All the pics are from the greatest road racing course in the U.S., Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.
-
#1 John Oates. He raced SCCA (sports car club of America) and had a car/pit that weekend. More pics tonite. I cannot confirm nor deny the Molly Ringwald allegation....leaning toward denial.
-
#2 Paul Newman. I don't recall is this was during his Newman-Haas racing era. I lose track.
-
#3 Al Unser Jr. 2 time Indy winner. During his formative years, before drinking and spousal abuse.
-
#4 Tom Sneva. 1 time Indy winner. Tom was always one of my favorite drivers. His performances during the Indy time trials were always a must-see. We would always sit in the stands at the top of turn 4. His standard racing line ALWAYS took him out the the north short chute (between 3 and 4) and up to 1" off of the wall at the exit end of turn 4. You could count on it. I sat up there in 1977 and watched him break the 200 mph lap avg for the first time in Indy history. I watched him do it again in 1984 when he crushed 210.
-
#5 Lone Star JR (Johnny Rutherford). 3 time Indy winner.
-
#6 Mario Andretti. 1 time Indy winner
-
#7 Sweetness (#34, Walter Payton).
-
#8 Emerson Fittipaldi. 2 time Indy winner.
-
#9 Danny Sullivan. 1 time Indy winner. I have attended 4 of the actual Indy 500 races. 1985 was one of those races. We had seats directly across from the pits on the front stretch, in the lower boxes; pretty darned cool. This was the infamous "spin and win" race. Sullivan passed Mario right in front of us and the crowd was deafening. We completely missed the spin portion of the act, learning about it a couple laps later over the P.A. Sullivan making history
-
#10 President and CEO of Jiffy Mix, Howdy Holmes. The guy shaking his hand is thanking him for creating the cornbread mix. I was about 20# overweight and used the leftover vegetable oil to slip into my favorite shorts. If you are interested, I have some similar photos in my speedo.
-
#11 AJ Foyt. He is really something. We would always go to time trials. It was $5 for the day and you could go wherever you wanted, including down to the pit wall. It was normal for AJ to go out and do a few laps, then come into his pit, jump out of the car (in his driver's garb), throw down his helmet, yell at all the mechanics, push them out of the way, grab the wrenches, pull off the cowling, and start tinkering with the engine while he's b**ching.
-
#12 Michael Andretti