Its a circular pond about 1/5 of an acre. It was an old farm pond and had almost reached the point of disappearing, but after 2 years of work of clearing the banks and having it dug out it looks as if it might work. I stocked this spring with FH and BGs and now debating whether to stock with LMB in the fall or wait until next spring. It is fed by an underground spring that doesn't kick in until late in the fall when the ground finally gets saturated and then there is a good flow out until late spring. There was additional seepage but Im hoping that this will stabilize over the next year.From what I can see, in wetter times the spring flow was above ground and it looks as if the water used to flow over rocks into the pond. What I was planning to do was to dig out the spring so it flows on the surface and then when it dries up recirculate the water over the rocks.
I understand that this is not the most efficient aeration system, but as the pond is somewhat sheltered by trees from the sun I dont think low oxygen levels are a problem...yet