GW, I'm a new subscriber but I've been following your really great observations and comments for several weeks. I've had a Biopod for about three weeks. I can't seem to find any native BSF so I ordered a start-up colony plus about 400 maggots from Wormman. My question concerns moisture in the Biopod. I've been feeding saturated dry dog food, as much as they will eat, but I've collected no liquid drainage. Is it necessary to have drainage? Should I add more water? For the first two weeks the larval activity kept the bed at close to 100F, but in the last week at least half the larvae have gone to black prepupal or pupal stage and the bed temp has reduced to near ambient level. Is this sudden maturation to be expected, or did I force it with too much dry food? I had planned to corral the adults to breed, but after reading the reprint on lekking behavior I doubt if it will happen. In Montana summers, the days are warm, 80s and 90s, but the nights are cool 50s, and I don't know how that will affect the lekking.