OK folks, I just spent 3 weeks at home and spent every bit of free time on my pond. The excavation had been completed before I went home so I just had to tie in the water well, add structure, sand, plant the grass and erect the piers. Here are a few pics. I am proud to announce that last night we started filling it.

I am really struggling to keep water on the grass. We laid it on Monday which was a day before the tropical storm Edouardo was to hit. We were right in its path and as I was laying the grass I felt like the smartest guy in the county because I was positive that Edwardo was going to dump a couple of inches of rain on my new grass. Well, as it turned out the rain from Edwardo stayed east of us and we didn't get a drop. We are struggling but I think we are keeping adequate water on the newly planted grass.

I have not seen discussion on here about planting St. Augustine grass around the perimeter of a pond but I assume that it will work out well.

Here are some pics. Any comments, questions, praise or general remarks are welcome.

This is a picture of some of the structure. I anchored MOST of the trees with concrete. I think the PVC pipe wedged into the culverts will work out well.

Here is a pic of the grass just after we laid it.

Here is a pic of one of the piers.

Last edited by Makoclay; 08/08/08 11:19 AM.