I am currently feeding my bluegill the AquaMax 500. The fish all the way down to 5 inches have absolutely no problem eating this pellet size. Sometimes I see bluegill that are smaller than that milling around the feeding fish. If you want to feed these smaller fish, but don't want to invest in an entire bag of AquaMax 400, you can crush some of the 500 product and throw it in after the bigger fish have become preoccupied with the bigger pellets. The smaller fish, 2-5 inches will plow through the crumbs pretty quickly. Once a bluegill hits about 7.5 inches then they seem to move to the AquaMax 600. The Remington 6V DX1 feeder has gotten some mixed results and reports on the forum, but it's extremely cheap and I'm having good success with it. It's actually so cheap that it's practically disposable. I purchased several of them, and I can switch them out pretty quickly. It has some issues--the one that attaches to the five gallon bucket has a lid that is a monumental hassle, but I'm learning to overcome these little problems. The 500 feed is actually perfect for this system, and you can easily feed eight times daily, especially if you don't mind recharging your batteries and just switching them out twice each month. Here's a link showing the feeder in action. http://www.bigbluegill.com/video/video/show?id=2036984%3AVideo%3A2342

Let me know if you have other questions. If you're good with taking lids off of five gallon buckets I'd get the smallest, cheapest unit.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 07/27/08 09:11 AM.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.