Personally I think regional meetings are fine but IHMO they are not a substitute for a national conference. Aside from Texas, at a regional meeting you will only have a hand full of attendees, you will not have any vendors and you will not have presentations from national experts. I think regional meetings have their place but cannot be compared to the conference.

I think the question that we should be asking is how can we make this conference a success. That conference hall could have easily held 50% more people and probably 100% more people. That would make the event more of a financial success for both Pond Boss and the vendors. The conference needs to become a profitable venture for all those involved (vendors and Pond Boss). Based upon my personal and professional experience it takes multiple years to have an event such as this achieve profitability. I think it would be a shame to kill the conference at this point in time.

Oh and just for clarification, I don't have any financial interest in Pond Boss, I am not a vendor, and I stand nothing to gain (financially anyway) from the conference. I am just an attendee that sees the potential in what has been created. This was only the second year and from what I have heard from first year attendees it had been significantly refined. This conference is in it's infancy. I think that if we had 500 to 600 attendees then the conference would be an entirely different event.

That is just my perspective in a rare moment of clarity or perhaps complete dementia - it's difficult for me to determine which is which anymore.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)