Sorry it took so long to get back here. The pond I wish to stock catfish in is exactly 20 yrs. old. In April 2003, I had an accidental fish kill caused by too much bluestone(long story and I learned a good lesson). The pond was originally stocked with bass, bluegill, shellcrackers, and a few hybrid sunfish. After the fish kill, I caught a pile of bass, bluegill and shell crackers and probably a few hybrids from my other ponds to restock the one with the fish kill. Today I have a bunch of 5-6" bream hanging around old Christmas trees washed around the pier. They suck up the pellets I throw out like a vacuum cleaner. There are a few bass about foot long and slightly longer that hang around too, but they don't put a whole lot of pressure on the little bream. I have always wanted to have catfish in my own pond and I want to do it right and not have major problems years later. I feel like if the bass are not putting any pressure on the little bream when they easily could, it seems to me now is my best chance to stock 4-6" or bigger channel cats. However, I don't want to overstock. And I plan to eat what I catch and if I can't keep up, I have some friends that will help out.

Hope this helps!