Originally Posted By: GW

Hey there mrgrackle, good to hear from you. I'm afraid you will never be able to maintain a consistent BSFL colony in a perforated container as I mentioned above. I doubt that the vermiculite was the culprit, I think the larvae just decided to look for food elsewhere. \:\(

Heheh... I doubt they just decided to look for food elsewhere. This is the 2nd year that I've had bsf in these perforated garbage cans. This is the first time I've tried to actively increase their numbers but even last year when I didn't care about their presence either way they wouldn't leave.

I understand that you're selling the Biopod and you started this thread (as well as a few on some other boards I frequent...? nanfa.org, backyardaquaponics.com.. could be a different biopod guy) but lets not make things up and say you can't keep a consistant bsf colony in a perforated container. The cool thing about the biopod is the way it collects the pupa, but if someone wants to keep a colony of bsf it can be done easly without a biopod (at least in Texas where I live)