I just got home from Port Columbus following my flight home, and am downloading pics (gotta lotta) to sort, size, and post.

What a great conference again this year! Random notes:

Burgermeister has to have one of the most interesting jobs of anyone I've ever met.

Dr. Layton Runkle ("LRunkle") wowed us last night with the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon's Guide to Common Mishaps at Lake Thunderbird, Oklahoma.

I'm getting old. n8ly (Nate Herman), in addition to providing great forum answers after like 2 weeks here, looks to be all of 23 years old. His brother Justin (J-Herm) and their associate Allen (A-Hubs), who by my standards are fully competent fish-squeezers, were carded while buying bubble gum at Starbucks.

Jeff Has A Pond changes his handle depending on the current situation. During the conference, we also met Jeff Has An Appetite, Jeff Has A Beer, Jeff Has Another Beer, Jeff Has A Hangover, and Jeff Has a Really Nice Wife Ricki.

Condello brought the collapsible spinning rod & eel he keeps with him a all times, and was seen landing whitefish in the Arlington Sheraton Mens' Room. Maybe that explains the porcupine (?).

Disclaimer: JHAP did not actually have a hangover, but he does have a really nice wife.

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 07/13/08 10:48 PM. Reason: Liability offset.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]