My references to articles and blogs was meant primarily, not to give directions on how to build an aeration system, but to show some of the horror stories about what happens when you build your own system. Not understanding the impact of mixing "toxic" bottom water and material and creating conditions that kill fish, etc. has cost many of us precious fish.

I don't have any problem with the concept of building it yourself, but with certain issues of pond management such as aeration, herbicides, etc. knowing the consequences of your actions in advance will save much heartache. Trust me on this: I don't have any grass carp in my pond because I didn't truly understand the impact of too much copper sultfate. And too many of us have lost valuable trees, beneficial plants, etc. because a less expensive herbicide like Carmax was recommended by someone who knew how to sell products, but did not know the impact they make.

Gotta head over to the convention center. From the discussions I got to sit in last night I know today will be a premier learning experience.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,